- O, brāhman.a! Tell me clearly and concisely about the purification of nāḍīs, purification through which I, constantly meditating, become jīvanmukta.
- Sāṁkr̥ti, listen! Will briefly describe to you the purification of nāḍīs. Must be without desire and pleasure, with a behavior according to the rules,
- Endowed with the 8 parts of Yoga, like yama etc., calm, the Truth as final aim, be in his own ātman and be well trained by the connoisseurs of the Truth.
- On a mountain top, on a riverbank, at the root of a bilva tree or in a forest, in a pleasant and clean place should make the hut (maṭha).
- Then, starting with āsana, he should stay facing east or north and sitting fully still, with the neck, head and trunk even, with the mouth closed
- Turīyaka, from the middle of the bindu wthin the moon disk of the tip of the nose, from which is dripping amr̥ta must be stared with both eyes very attentive.
- Lying on your stomach and inspiring, must draw up prāṇa through iḍā, then have to meditate on the fire in the middle of the body as an uninterrupted flame.
- Should consider the seed of fire (र/RAM̐) as united with nāda and bindu. After that the wise have to entirely eliminate the prāṇa through piṅgalā.
- Should remember again the seed of fire (र/RAM̐) when is filling through piṅgalā. Then the wise have to carefully eliminate only through iḍā.
- For 3 to 4 days or daily 3 to 4 times, making 6 times at the 3 “joints” (saṁdhi), should practice by all means in private.
- Obtains the purification of the nāḍīs when symptoms are observed one by one: easiness of body, shining fire that is in abdomen and
- Manifestation of nāda – these symptoms are the indicators of the success (siddhi); but until they are not clearly seen, should continue to practice as prescribed.
- Then, fully abandoning this practice must begin to purify one’s self (ātman); ātman, which is always pure, eternal and by itself happy and luminous,
- Appears to be impure due to ignorance, through knowledge is revealed to be pure. Only the one who washes the impurity mud of ignorance with water of knowledge can be always pure, in no case the one who loves the vedic sacrifice.