- O, virtuous one! Now I will describe in detail the 5 dhāraṇā: outer space (ākāśa) must be kept in the space within the middle of the body,
- The outside air in the breath (prāṇa), similarly the fire in the belly’s fire, water in the parts of the water and earth in the parts of the earth.
- Mantra known as HA–YA–RA–VA–LA must be uttered in the proper order. It is said that this is the ultimate dhāraṇā, remover of all the sins.
- It is said that the portion to the knee is the earth, the portion until the anus is the water, the portion to the heart is the fire, the portion until between the eyebrows is the air,
- O, wise one! Has also been said that the portion of the head is the space. Brahmā is in the portion of the earth, Viṣṇu is in the portion of the water,
- Maheśāna is in the portion of the fire, Īśvara is in the portion of the air – o, very wise one! – Sadāśiva must be kept the portion of space.
- O, great sage! I will now describe a different dhāraṇā: Śiva – the one made up of wisdom and bliss, Lord of all – in the puruṣa
- Must always be kept by the clever for the purification of all sins. Diving into his own body (kāraṇa), which is in the form of Brahmā etc.,
- The Cause-of-all, the Imperceptible, the Undefined, the Inanimate, must be kept in the entire embodied self through the praṇava by withdrawing the senses along with the mind and unite with ātman.